How to include us in your will
We know that writing your will is one of the most important things you will ever do. Naturally, looking after your loved ones will always come first, but if you are also considering remembering Versus Arthritis in your will, thank you for thinking of us.
Below is some information you may find helpful when making your decision. You can also request our free guide which contains useful information about our work, the difference a gift like yours could make and answers frequently asked questions about the will writing process.
If you would prefer to talk through your questions, we are very happy to help. You can contact our Gifts in Wills and In Memory team on the details at the bottom of this page.
Writing or updating your will
The best way to write or change a will is with the help of a solicitor. Getting professional help means you will know that your will is written properly and that it is legally binding.
We know that starting the process of writing your will can feel daunting, but it doesn’t have to be difficult. Below are two free will service options that you may find of interest and can help you to write your will in a way that suits you best.
When using these services there is no obligation to leave us a gift in your will but if you do choose to remember our work in this way, thank you. Your gift could take us closer to a pain- free future for generations to come.
Bequeathed is a free, convenient service that allows you to make the right will for your needs in the way that suits you best.
When using Bequeathed:
- Writing your standard will is free (if your affairs are more complicated, you may incur extra charges when you meet with a solicitor).
- You start your will by completing an online interview.
- You then make an appointment with one of Bequeathed’s partner solicitors. This can take place by phone or video call, at home or in their office.
- At your appointment, your solicitor will confirm your instructions, finalise your will and provide the final document free of charge. If your affairs are complicated, they will advise of any additional work needed and the costs.
- The service is available to anyone aged 18 and over in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The service will be available in Scotland soon – please contact us for more information.
For more information, or to start your will, visit www.bequeathed.org/versusarthritis.
Free Wills Network
We work with the National Free Wills network to connect you to solicitors in your local area. Using our offer, you can receive a simple will free of charge with the assurance of meeting and writing your will with a trusted solicitor.
When writing a will with the Free Wills Network:
- Your will is free (if your affairs are more complicated, you may incur extra charges when you meet with a solicitor).
- You can meet with a local solicitor to make your will.
- The service is available in England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
- The service is available to everyone over the age of 55.
For more information, or to start your will with the Free Wills Network, please contact our Gifts in Wills and In Memory team on the details at the bottom of this page.
Can we say thank you?
If you choose to leave a gift in your will to Versus Arthritis, we would love to hear from you.
A gift like yours means the world to us and we would love to hear your story and your reasons for supporting us. Hearing from you also allows us to thank you properly and, if you wanted to stay in touch, we can also keep you informed about areas of our work which interest you the most.
To get in touch, you can speak to Gill or Anna in our Gifts in Wills and In Memory team: